Grand River Spey Clave June 26, 2010 – Bean Park, Paris Ontario 8:00am to 4:00pm
Into its 3rd year now, the Grand River Spey Clave has grown to be one of the largest gatherings of single and double hand fly fishing enthusiasts in the Great Lakes Region. Randy has once again managed to put together an impressive roster of Spey and Fly Fishing professionals.
Demonstrations and instruction in Traditional, Skagit, and Scandinavian Spey Techniques:
- Gordon Macleod(Scott Mackenzie DTX rods-The River Spey,Scotland)
- Rick Kustich(Scott rods-New York,U.S.A.)
- Francois Blanchette(Loop rods-British Columbia)
- Neil Houlding(Guideline rods-Ontario)
- Courtney Ogilvie(Snowbee rods-British Columbia)
- Peter Charles(Guideline rods-Ontario)
- Marty Tannahill(Loomis rods-Ontario)
- Larry Halyk – River etiquette and River stewardship.
- Something for Single Handers – Free Casting Instruction with Doug Swift
Pro staff on hand from several leading fly fishing and spey equipment manufacturers as well as several local guides to get a few good pointers from!
There will be free hands-on instruction by the presenters and experienced casters for anyone interested. All you have to do is ask. This will be a great time to try out some of the latest gear and test drive what might be your next rod or line purchase. These Claves are for all fly fisherman or or those who want to be! It’s fun and free;it does not get any better then that.
In addition to this great event, Randy has officially begun the Grand River Spey website, which has complete updates of events, as well as profiles of instructors who have been guests, or who are upcoming guests for spey clave events.